Friday, January 21, 2011

Got my machine back


Got my machine back from being cleaned and it purrs again. So I decided to make myself sort of a check book cover holder. Although it's not for my checkbook. Years ago I bought a little plastic calendar address book from Walgreens. I stuff all sorts of things in it, pictures, coupons, etc. I also had a rubber band around it. Went every where this year looking for a new one and I guess they don't have them anymore. So I decided to make one. Better then plastic and rubber band. My Granddaughters 15th birthday is coming up and she loves hats. So I knitted her this one. I also decided I wanted a new purse and pieced and used my embroidery stitches on it. Although I will probably end up sellling it, as I really like my purses with outside pockets and this one only has a cell phone pocket on the end. So I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't been idle. I still have two baby quilts to quilt and I still want to make myself a new purse with pockets on the outside.
Have a great weekend and for all of you football fans, it should be a good one. GO BEARS!!!!!!
Connie204







8 comments:

  1. Glad your machine is back, love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been busy. Cute purse and I like the organizationalness of the coupon holder. You'll have to let us know if your granddaughter liked the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful hat you knitted! Your bags and wallets are always nice, and these are no exception. Seems like you are staying busy! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are lovely and varied. Where did you get the pattern for the hat? To answer your question on my last blog post, the sock pattern was on Ravelry.com, "Wise Hilda's basic ribbed socks", and the yarn made the stripes all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed that a lot of young ladies (girls) are wearing all sorts of neat hats. I really like the one you knit for your granddaughter. The bag is very pretty (love the colours) and cheque book cover holder is a great idea--even if it is not for your cheque book!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't getting your machine overhauled wonderful? Sounds brand new when you get it back. I can tell you missed it by your projects, which are all wonderful!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat projects;) I like pockets on the outside too;)
    Happy Quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your bag, I like outside pockets too.
    Glad your machine is back and humming along.

    ReplyDelete