Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Better 2011

I want to say Happy New Year to everyone. I am hoping for a better 2011.

I have decided it time to clean out my sewing/cross stitch closet. You all have fabulous fabric stashs. I have a fabulous cross stitch stash. I have been stitching for alot longer then I have been really sewing and quilting. My Janome 6600 has been giving me a little trouble and my DH gave me a gift certificate for the Quilt shop that services the machine and hopefully will have a little left over for fabric. I do have a back up sewing machine, but I think I will take this week to clean out and figure what I have both with my cross stitch and my fabric stash. I'm known to my friends as being pretty organized. LOL So I decided it was time I did just that. Good goal for 2011. I have one UFO and will think very hard about finishing it. I started to make it for my neighbor, however, unfortunately passed before I finished it.

Hopefully, this year will be better for everyone that the recession has hurt.

I still am going to work on the craft shows, as I can't seem to find a job and it does bring in a little extra cash.

To everyone Happy New Year, I'm sure I will be seeing some wonderful projects from all of you.

Connie204

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Organizing and working on UFOs sounds like a good plan for the new year. And I, too, hope 2011 is better than 2010 in all possible ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add organizing my stash to my "to do" list too! I don't know how you can part with your beautiful stitcheries at a craft show. Hopefully that will not be included! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a better 2011! I'm rooting for you. Good luck with your organising and your craft shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, go for it! You gonna post some pictures of your needlework? Would love to see them.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love counted cross stitch myself too! I have not been good about working on it lately, but I need to! I think 2011 will be great, 2010 was such a transitional year, and 2011 changes are happening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see some of your cross stitch too. I still do some but mostly I quilt. I hope 2011 will be a much better year!
    Happy new year and have fun organizing your crafts and quilting things.

    ReplyDelete