Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goal Accomplished!!



I actually got my three closets I wanted to clean out. The first picture is when I started the cross stitch closet. I actually was able to close my eyes and throw out a bunch of junk. I also found stuff I forgot I had.

It's all done. The three little needlepoint boxes my mother made probably 40 years ago. I still have a large box of her needlepoint.




There are 8 little Just Nan angels. I probably started making them 10 or 11 years ago. They were a yearly pattern. I have never figured out what to do with them. I always wanted to make a wall hanging for my now 15 year old GD. The others are just some of my favorite pieces.















I also finished cleaning out my sewing closet and my own closet and thank goodness the VietNam vets will be picking up three large garbage bags tomorrow. I dropped my sewing machine off on Thursday for a cleaning and hopefully it will correct some of the crooked stitches it was sewing. I can't wait to go pick it up as the quilt shop is loaded with lots of new fabric and I have a gift certificate waiting there from Xmas. Connie204



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all that cleaning! (But now will you know where things are? I find myself making a new mess after I've cleaned because I put can't find things any more!) The boxes are a treasure and the angels are really pretty. You should definitely figure out a way to display them. I look forward to seeing what you get with your gift certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Isn't it great when you finally know how much you have? Your needlepoint is beautiful! I can do it, but have no patience for it. Love the angels! Can't you combine the 4 and the 1 and still make that wallhanging for your GD?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful work! Seems I remember the framed angel from an APQ post? Also with a Santa I wanted to steal? Were those yours? Can't remember for sure. Anyway, you get a big "A" for closet cleaning! I haven't begun that yet, though I did consider hitting my quilting closet today; decided against it! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job cleaning out the closets! A fresh start can be really inspiring. Your cross stitch pieces are beautiful. I hope you find a way to display those pretty angels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure are getting alot done, it looks great and probably feels great as well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is just beautiful! Good job getting all that cleaning done. I have worked extra days this week so not only did I not clean, but it is still Christmas here. haha
    Maybe this week will be less hectic.
    Can't wait to see what you get with that gift certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to get your space organized..it always feels good when that happens;) I love your needlework...very pretty;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete