Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!







I remember the blizzard of 1967, although I was much, much younger. Funny, but this time the Chicago area was warned days ahead of time and yet hundreds of cars were stranded on Lakeshore Drive for over 9 hours from yesterday afternoon til this morning. I guess that just tells me that companies and people don't believe our weather forecasters. This storm covered 43 states and 2,000 miles. WOW!



I have a 5 foot drift by my front door and won't probably get plowed out til late this afternoon or maybe even later. Fortunately, we did not lose power. This storm is now going to bring us wind chills of 40 to 50 below tonight and tomorrow. Luckily we don't have to go anywhere and the cupboards aren't bare.



The sun is finally out and the snow stopped falling. Good day to read, sew, have a good cup of tea and enjoy.


Connie204








8 comments:

  1. We are quite that cold, or quite that deep, but it's bitter here nonetheless;) Our heater is not working right for some reason, so we are waiting for maintenance to get done with other things they think are important, and using all the quilts I have in the house to stay warm;)
    Keep dry, stay safe, and happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those drifty, blowy snow pictures look pretty familiar...same thing here! I'm not sure how cold it's supposed to get and I don't think I want to either. I was hoping the forecast would be wrong - maybe that's what everyone else who got stranded hoped too? (Those weathermen aren't always very reliable with their predictions!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think, I was considering a post to complain about our Texas weather! Shame on me!! Nevertheless, when I went out to feed the birds and give them some water, my nose almost froze off! Even so, I'm staying in Texas! I'll just enjoy your pictures! *wink* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, snow I can handle, but 40 to 50 below? That's even too cold for me and you know how I can't stand heat! Good luck to you and stay warm. Spring has to be out there somewhere!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is alot of snow...stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like that at my house too. We didn't lose power, but we lost cable and internet connection which is difficult for me LOL.
    At least the sun is out. Now if we would warm up a little.
    Safe in and sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Looks like you had more than we did. I am going to The Welcome Stitchery in Crystal Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so beautiful Connie! I imagine it makes getting about a bit tricky though. Hopefully you are moving into a well-earned Spring. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete