Friday, April 1, 2011

A quick update





I haven't posted for quite some time, but have been reading all your posts. I have to say when I'm able to check out the posts it makes me smile that everyone is doing great things. I haven't done alot lately, it's been a crazy few months. We are a product of the recession and will be moving soon. I don't really like to being negative. I'm just angry about the whole situation. We all keep hearing how the banks are willing to help struggling people out. WRONG! They aren't. It's been very discouraging. That's really all I'm going to say about the situation.




I have, however, made a few things and have been asked by the local quilt shop to teach a class on the purse that I make for myself. They especially want me to focuse on the quilting and the zipper. I will be teaching the class the end of this month. I have included pictures of some of the things I've made and tried to keep myself busy with. The purse at the top is made of from the quilt shops fabric for a class sample. The little fairy totes are for my 3 yr old granddaughter. Easter gift. The Cat tote is for me (I had a xmas gift card and bought the fabric for myself).


Hoping everyone a nice weekend. I'm still looking for Spring.


Connie204






8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've fallen into the recession hole. I truly hope the silver lining of this situation comes to you soon. (Things happen for a reason, right?) Hang in there - we're all cheering you on. Teaching at the local quilt shop is an awesome honor and the bag looks great. But I have to admit the kitty one is my favorite, both for the bright colors and the kitties themselves. Keep us updated when you can - we're always here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the totes;) And I think it's cool that you have been asked to teach;)
    The recession thing is hitting alot of us in one way or another. This payday....we had to set aside more money for gas than food. Something is just wrong with that picture.
    Hang in there!!
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always impressed with the bags you make. These are no exception.

    I'm sorry times are tough for you right now. As Katie said, I hope your silver lining shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bags! Sorry about the forced move. You are absolutely right about the banks. They are so money hungry and they really don't care about their customers.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags look great! Love the shop sample. How cool that you will be teaching the class. I do love the fun kitty fabric you used for your tote.
    So sorry that you will be forced to move. I keep hearing that the economic indicators show things are improving. I don't know where. I think I am going to get a reconditioned bike cause those gas prices are just crazy.
    I hope you have been feeling ok physically.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags are really nice looking! No wonder you get to teach the class.
    I think everyone is in some sort of a pinch, some more than others. I'm okay, but I really don't know how folks get by that have to drive several miles to work. For the first time in my life, I put $48 of gas in my little car yesterday! I don't drive much, so I'm hoping that will last me at least three weeks --- maybe!
    Things have got to get better soon, for all of us. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the nice words and confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try to focus on the positive things happening in your life Connie even though that may not be as easy as it sounds. Who knows what opportunities await you. The purses look terrific! You always do such lovely work. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete