Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Snow












I haven't posted for awhile. It's been really crazy around here lately. Still looking for a job, like the rest of the country.
I still can't figure out how to move these darn photos around. So I will explain them one by one. I woke up to our first snow of the season. Couldn't resist taking a picture of the birds in the feeder.
A few weeks ago I decided to clean out some of my scrap bins. I need the room. I started with the flannel scraps from all the rag quilts I've made. I ended up putting together three baby quilts. The lime green I finished the other two are still in the works.
I have been trying to keep up with everyone here. I loved the little wallets that Katie made. My granddaughter (14 yr old) just wants gift cards. I couldn't just give her that. So here they are Katie and thank you. I also couldn't find any cute charms to fit the key chains, but still looking.
I'm doing another craft show next Sat. I may make some more of these little wallets and see if they sell. I haven't figured out what to sell them for yet. I've been getting the zippers for $.99 and I had the vinyl and all the scraps.
One more little mention. One of my dear friends called this week and she brought two friends with her yesterday. We did a quilt shop and lunch. It was so much fun and really cheered me up.
To everyone here, enjoy the Christmas season and hugs to everyone.
Connie204



7 comments:

  1. The baby quilts look great! What will you do with them?

    Your birdfeeder looks like a popular spot with that snow. I've lost so many to evil squirrels that aren't satisfied to just raid them, but manage to get them out of the tree and smashed on the ground, I've given up. Sorry birdies! (It's probably safer that way anyways, what with about 10 truly wild barn cats!)

    The little wallets turned out great! You'll have to let us know if your granddaughter likes them. I'd bet they'll sell well in a craft fair, too (especially if you market them as gift card holders!) but I have no clue what to say on price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Welcome, Stranger! Long time since we've heard from you! The baby quilts are adorable; will you put them in the craft fair too along with more wallets? Hope you find work soon! But look at it this way for now: You have more time for Christmas and quilting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention the beautiful birds, and what a first snow fall you've had! No doubt the birdies will be staying close to the feeder! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your pictures are beautiful! Really great little scrap quilts. Sell the little wallets for at least 5 bucks. Bet they sell well.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrap quilts are lovely, and the little keychain wallets turnrd out well. I'm sure they would sell well. Good luck at your next craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soglad to hear from you!! Your scrap quilts look so cute. Great colors.
    The key chain wallets/gift card holders are really cute.
    Good luck with the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are hungry looking birds. I love the baby quilts. My favourite is the middle one. Your keychain wallets turned out very well. (What would we do without Katie to inspire us?)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete