Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A very sad day.


I haven't blogged for some time as it has been a very busy time. Although I have been trying to keep up with everyone else.
Yesterday was a very sad day, as we had to put out 17 year old Callie to sleep. She was a very sweet fat cat at one time (16lbs.), loved to be in the way, but when the doorbell rang she would fly under the bed and stay there for hours. So this is just my way of saying thank you to a very good friend and that I will miss her. This was my last kitty. I have told everyone "no more", but I promise that I will never say never.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Take time to heal. Remember Callie fondly. And you're right to never say never. If you're meant to have another furry family member, I believe (like mine) it will find you when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad!! I haveyet to have a pet, but hope to when the girls get older. I don't know how we'd all handle saying good bye to a beloved pet. And if some little kitty enters your life, that's ok too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing a beloved pet is never easy. I am so sorry. Hang on to the wonderful memories you have of her.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Callie. Like Katie said, when the time is right another furry family member might find you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just try to think on all the funny things Callie did over the 17 years that entertained you and made you love her. That will help drive away your sadness! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you sharing stories about Callie, and her thoughts when Tazzie was laid up with her injury.

    Perhaps Callie and Tazzie are now playing together, or finding lots of quilts to snuggle up on.

    They are a big part of our lives, even more so with 17 years of sharing time together. Take care of you.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this. Losing a pet is never easy, but you will have many fond memories of Callie. My 3-year-old Pixiebob's (cat) name is Callie also and she weights over 20 pounds. We always say we will never have another pet after one passes away, but they become so much a part of our lives that we have to fill the void with another pet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the caring thoughts. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete