Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Walker Tote


My best friend's MIL fell last year and broke her hip. She had asked me if I could make her a tote for her walker. My friends husband said that she wouldn't like that. My friend sent me the quilted print fabric. Well, she just had her hipped replaced a few weeks ago, is in therapy and when she gets home will need a tote to get things around with her in the walker. She is 84 and has always been very active. I had found a pattern on-line and I think she will really like it. Its got pockets on both sides outside and of course the tote itself. I just love making these kind of projects. I have enough to make her another. this will be used.

6 comments:

  1. Connie, What a wonderful friend you are. The tote will certainly give her a little more independence to carry things.

    Also to answer your question on my blog. I always ty and learn new stitches. As I told the class, I am not a Brazilian Embroidery fan, so I am not proficient in the style, but I learn those stitches that are easy for me to create. Those stitches I become as expert as possible, since I am using the form of the stitch and not the function. Ex: I will not make flowers perse, but use it to create something else. If you ever need help please let me know. Take care,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. First cute walker tote I have seen. You did a great job as usual. She will love this when she has to get from room to room at home with a walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good friend you are to make this for her ,it will be so handy to use.... hope your friend hip replacement heal fast and with God help she will be back doing what she want to do.... Have agreat day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt the walker tote will be very useful, and it will be much appreciated I'm sure! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Connie,

    Your tote is wondeful. What a great idea. Sorry to hear about the disappointment with the baby quilt. Some people just don't know what they're missing out on. Perhaps after the excitement of the shower and the baby, perhaps the quilt will be appreciated.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. A practical and attractive gift. Connie you are so thoughtful in these matters and make such wonderful projects. I'm sure the lady will be thrilled. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete