Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baby quilt done!


I finally finished the baby quilt to go with the diaper bag. It's a sort of a long story and has taught me not to try and skimp. I found out that I didn't have enough backing material for the quilt. Sooooo, I decided to add a border to the backing. I ended up not being as square to the quilt top and so I used the back fabric for the binding. It was a little short on one side and so I was able to catch the top edge by a little. I didn't want the edge to pop out so I added the red rick around the border and figured it would help strengthen it. It did turn out OK, I was worried it would look to girly, but my husband said it added to the quilt.


I can't believe I won Ann's contest. I have been under the weather alot lately and this just really made me feel good. This is such a wonderful group of people that I've gotten to know over the years and what a lift everyone gives me. Thank you. Connie204

6 comments:

  1. The baby quilt looks fantastic and I agree with your hubby that the ric-rac adds to the quilt. It will be something with a different texture for the baby to explore, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie was right, the quilt is fantastic! It is a wonderful gift for the baby shower. Glad you won the contest and hope you have time to sit back and enjoy it...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks marvellous Connie and you saved the day. The ric rac trim is a terrific addition. Congratulations on winning. Please remember to email me with your snail mail address so that I can post your goodies to you. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is so cute. I like the ric rac on it. It will be a woderful gift. And speaking of gifts, congrats on winning.
    I hope that our warm weather finds you feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is wonderful and the rick rac is a perfect finishing touch. If you hadn't told us, I wouldn't have known it wasn't part of the original plan. I hope you feel better soon. -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute duo for a sweet little one! Great job! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete