Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Project!
















Finally I was able to comment on everyone's blogs. Have no idea how I fixed it. I'm such a senior citizen when it comes to technology. It's been really crazy around here lately and hopefully things will settle down for a while at least. I have been knitting baby booties and my DH keeps asking me why. Just to keep my fingers busy. I had originally started them for a new grandbaby, which unfortunately she lost in the first few weeks. So I have kept knitting at night watching TV. I will probably donate them.



Then for a combined Mothers Day and Birthday present all the kids got me a Kindle. I was so excited. So I made a cover for it. Turned out so well that I think I may make some more for craft shows. I also really like the Kindle. I read alot and there are alot of free books and for now that's great. However, I will still get the new releases from the library.
















It's very hot and humid here and we are off to Indiana (hour drive) for our 3 year old granddaughters dance recital. They are so cute at this age. Have a great weekend.
















Connie204

7 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that I started giggling when I saw your booties. I was thinking you must really be in bad shape to be doing that! Then I read about the loss of the grandbaby, and I went on a guilt trip! So sorry to hear of that loss. Your Kindle cover is really neat! A lot of people are getting them now, so I bet your covers would sell well! Hope you enjoy the dance recital and the day out with family! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kindle cover...very cool;) My hubby thought about getting me one. I told him I prefer the library, and real books;) The booties are adorable, and donating them is great;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the boat with Love - I saw those booties and groaned a little because it's too warm here to even want to wear pants, let alone booties, but now I too feel a little guilty at my reaction. I'm so sorry for the loss. The Kindle cover is bright and cheery, and I think they're a great idea for those who have them. Enjoy the recital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted a Kindle....and your cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The booties are really cute! Now you know why I sit and stitch at night, LOL. I prefer real books, too, but your kindle cover is pretty. Have fun at the recital.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls love their Kindles'. I really like your cover. I bet they would be a hit at the craft shows.
    Adorable booties, so sorry to hear about the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your grandbaby. I'm sure the booties will be appreciated. The Kindle cover is terrific! Enjoy the dance recital. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete