Sunday, July 25, 2010

Always have time for a sale!


I've been getting ready for my first Craft show this coming weekend, but my in town shop (which started a fabric section 5 years ago had an anniversary sale. It's July so they were pushing some Xmas stuff. They had a demonstration for "Texture Magic" which you sew onto your fabric and then steam it. It crinkles up. I liked the little stockings that they had and thought they would make great gifts. They come in 3 sizes. The best part was that everything was 15% off. I couldn't resist. So I guess this means I have to start thinking about Xmas.


It's not as hot here, but still steamy. Our A/C gave out last Friday. I almost panicked. Luckily my DH has a cousin in the business and was fixed by Sat. afternoon. Phew! Connie204

8 comments:

  1. Yep, it will be Christmas before we know it! I cannot believe that next Sunday is August 1 !!! That means that in four months from today, it will all be over! I guess we all better get busy! You got some cute fabrics for a good start! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Connie, you probably know that I work in a quilt shop, so we have Christmas and fall and Halloween in the shop. It sure is hard to think Christmas when it is sweltering outside. We are having a Christmas in July sale this week.
    I like the fabrics you got.Don't forget to take a photo of your booth and let us know how it goes.
    I tried to respond to youy about the Snowbound blocks, but couldn't find an email address on your blog. If you want the info, just email me at friendrn54@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute fabrics. It IS very hard to think about Christmas when I can't stop sweating, but I love a lot of the fabrics I've seen lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely fabrics!! Christmas? AHHHH!!! It is really ridiculously hot here too. I'm glad you got your AC going! :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh - don't those Christmas fabrics cool you down just looking at them? I'm glad you have your A/C working again to do a more reliable job though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cross stitch stocking in progress, but I am not sure it is going to be done by xmas! Good luck with yours! :) Theri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie just wanted to thank you for the kind comments. I hope to talk with you again.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete