Monday, July 12, 2010

Grandparents for the third time.

It's been a while since I've had anything good to blog about. On Friday my stepson and his wife gave us a grandson. He is 7lbs.8ox and 19" long. Sweet little guy. He is the third. I was a little skeptical of this as my DH is called Andy, my stepson is Andrew or Drew to his friends and I am calling him, Little Andrew. We, of course, went up to the hospital (1 hr drive) and after he was born it seems like they now let everyone in. He was a couple of hours old and everyone was holding him (at least 10 people). I guess I'm getting old or am too old fashioned. The whole situation made me nervous.

I have decided to try my hand at a craft show. It is the end of the month in the town next to me. It will be outside and I am going to borrow a canopy. Everyone says that I should sell some of my stuff instead of always giving it away. I do have my handmade bookmarks, cosmetic cases, totes, diaper bags, crayon rollups for the kids and the walker totes. So wish me luck and hopefully some of it will sell. I did get a nice call and thank you note from my BFF MIL thanking me for the wonderful walker tote that I made for her. She just gushed. Which made me feel really good and I know it helps her.

I received a gift certificate from my BFF for my birthday. It was for the quilt shop I love. I was able to purchase some fabric for a new purse for myself. So between the laundry and a little house cleaning, I will make myself a new purse (to cheer me up) and I willl make somemore goodies for the craft show. Connie204

6 comments:

  1. Congatulations Grandma!

    Good luck with the craft show. You make fantastic things, so I hope everyone there agrees and you sell a lot of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new arrival.

    Good luck with the craft show. You should take some pictures with you in case you need to take orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratultions on your newest arrival. I'm sure he'll be a bonnie wee lad. By all means give the craft show a try. You might just be surprised. I'm so pleased your BFF liked the tote (it was super) and that you had a chance to splurge at your favourite quilt shop. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new grand! By all means, try the craft show. Even is you don't sell (which you will) you will love talking to the people. Take some of those walker totes, too. Betcha they will be the first to go!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new grandson! What fun you will be having soon as he's big enough to visit Granny!
    The craft show should be fun and profitable too! Be sure and wear comfortable shoes; I'm sure you will be on your feet a lot as you tell everyone about your items. Hope you do really well! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm going to make a couple more walker totes and some bright and colorful cosmetic bags. Connie204

    ReplyDelete