Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy it's almost spring

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to blog for a while as the computer has been really acting up and hopefully my DH finally has it back to normal. He has been struggling with it for awhile now and I haven't been able to get on it.

I still haven't had a chance to really understand all of this blogging and my mind has been on lots of other things. I made a rag quilt for myself as I had a bunch of flannel that I purchased a couple of years ago. I have to take it to the laundromat to wash and dry it. I will then post a picture after its been washed and dried. I have never had the nerve to do the first washing in my machine. I also made a crayon roll up for my 2 yr old granddaughter which did turn out really cute. However, that has been the extent of my sewing. The doctor has changed a couple of my medications and told me that I would feel like a truck ran over me and I really do feel that way. Hoping that in the next few weeks it will get better. Hard to sew or think straight when not feeling well and no computer. Still looking for a job, with no success. Have a great day and hopefully soon it will warm up.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Connie,

    Glad to see you back up and running in cyber space! *grin*

    Hope things work out, having no computer, doing no sewing, and not feeling great are a poor combination.

    I never would have thought to take a rag quilt to the laundromat, and I have used my own machines!

    -Alice

    PS - Good to see you! And you are doing wonderful here in blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Connie! Gosh, I've missed you! I was thinking about you just last night, and even checked APQ to see if you had any activity there, but didn't see any for quite a while. I was so excited when I saw your comment on my blog; I almost shouted, "She's back! Yea!" So come on, keep it up! *grin*
    Sorry you are not feeling very well right now. Changes in meds do make a lot of difference sometimes, and those changes are not always good! But hang in there! Things will get better, in all areas of our lives, hopefully soon! Keep your chin up, Friend!
    I'd love to see your rag quilt pictures; I've never made one, but have always thought I might someday.
    Do stay in touch! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start feeling better soon so you can get back to quilting! (And the rest of your life that the meds have put on hold.) Please do share pictures of the rag quilt - I'm interested to see what pattern you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I was glad to see a comment from yu on Theri's blog. I've missed you since APQ went down. I am glad you are here!
    Sorry you haven't been feling well, hope you feel better quick.
    Beth (friendquiltts from APQ)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get up to speed soon! It's great to see you out here again. :) Theri

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to read you again :) I hope you get your energy back soon and can enjoy your hobbies again. And you're doing fine in blogland! -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you back, Connie. Those meds can be a real pain. While being treated for COPD, I've had another condition pop up and nobody seems to know whether it's tied to tests and/or medications. Just hang in there, things will get better. Mary (Theri's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to hear from you. Long time. Thank you for your kindness. Also you will get the hang of blogging. You seem to be doing well. I enjoyed your blog very much.
    Thanks again.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete